Tuesday, April 17, 2012

How I gave a family member the boot


I still probably feel sad about this …..but  I gave one of my family member the boot. Someone with whom a relationship was established from the day I got acquainted with him. My wanderings and indecisiveness in life had led me to one of the main streets on the capital where I laid eyes on him for the first time….tall, clean , masculine, polished looks which beckoned to me to make introductions with him , an undefined urge to have him as a part of my life , to start a chapter which would last for the days till I took my last breath.

Curbing the excitement within me and with gleaming eyes like a little child I did take the bold steps towards this towering personality, all the while a passing thought running in the back of my mind ….will I able to persuade him to share the feelings I have for him and be reciprocated for the same. I was confronted and stopped in my tracks by an individual, who claimed himself to be the caretaker of  the shining star of my eyes. Brief introductions with him and I let him know my intentions , told him that I would really want to take Mr. Royal ( that’s what I had nicknamed him at that point of time ) home with me. The fleeting smile across his face did give me a welcome response , but explanations of the paperwork and the documentations gave a sudden jolt to my plans.  I realized that acheving my dreams was not so easy as it had seemed. Why should a piece of paper stand in the way of me, and my beloved, was the question which seemed unsolved at that moment . I as a matter of fact did not have the required credentials to make Mr.Royal a part of my life, and me. No amount of negotiations could persuade the caretaker that I will be able to own him legally as soon as possible. Depressed , dejected I lost hope about the thought ,and trudged along back home, devising plans that by any means I have to get Mr.Royal to me.Ethics were out of question , when you are in awe of something and want it, you can cross all barriers and boundaries to get it.

Flashforward a few days and I saw Mr.Royal once again at a neighbouring shop ..the same unsettled demeanour , exuding charm all along, impressing everyone in contact with him. That was the point I decided that I will have to utilize all my tactics and antics to get him this time . Its human tendency, if you dive deep down within yourself you surprise yourself with the capability you have, to pull a feat which at some point of time seemed impossible. I finally did it and after a lot of financial compromises and negotiations came the evening when Mr. Royal- the esteemed walked back with me to my humble dwellings, and started a journey of  enchanting  memories and experiences ,which till date I cherish and is the reason why I am penning it down !!

Every morning I would wake up and put my hand on his shoulder ,and inform him that I am finally living the dream to have him as a part of my household , to share and give me comfort on my long weaning days and lonely nights . My better half also took a liking to him, and considered him to be a part of the family . She did realize how much I loved him, as much I loved her and those close to me. I shopped for him, to get him the best of clothes , shoes , accessories . All my thoughts throughout the day were occupied with how to make him look more attractive , an object of envy for others . It did happen ,everyone and sundry who came across eyed him with pangs of jealousy , wanted to share some moments with him , had intentions that they would probably steal him from me and all other kinds of  thoughts . I was enjoying and living it every moment , the feeling that I owned him, and  possessed him .I think words are too meager to describe the feeling.

Days , months , years passed . The bonding had definitely become stronger. We took long rides together traversing the scenic geographies , engulfing the miles and the black tarmac with ease . Mr.Royal had become an epitome with me sharing some of the most wonderful escapades from the mundane life which I live. Together we were buddies forever , drinking gallons to the miles , with the wind in our faces , crunching the distances with our hearts singing “ I am a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride , I’m wanted dead or alive “ by Jon Bonjovi ….that song by the way stlll holds a very special place in my heart ….thanks to Mr. Royal . We were on cloud 9 .

Like all relationships there comes a time when the sailing is not always smooth , there comes a time when your love, patience and perseverance is tested . The same situation cropped up in our lives ,Mr. Royal’s and mine . Niggling issues began cropping up . The more I sorted them, the more they developed. As a matter of fact affording his almighty became a task for me, since I was spending a whopping amount to keep him fit and fine . Gradually what we developed was a love-hate relationship ….the hate part becoming more and more prominent . With every ugly situation resolved , I hoped that there would be no more , however I was still faced with more ugly ones . I started to chastise him , ignorance getting more prominent . I still shared some good moments with him but the frequency of them were becoming less with time . What I was hating was that I was spending my time, energy , patience with him and in return what I got was issues and problems .

I still abhor the day or lets say the moment when the thought crossed my mind I need to get rid of him for good !!! It was this devilish feeling which grew with time and took over me to search for alternatives to oust him from my life . I was not ready to accept Mr. Royal with his tantrums , either he mended his ways or he was going to get another house. I surely found and alternative and did what till date I repent, to let go of Mr.Royal , my partner in rhyme , someone who I do not know where he is now, and cannot get him back . I still remember the last time I saw him go …still that magnificient stance , head held high , not looking back at me  since I was the ditcher …the one who broke the promise , the code, brothers forever ! Ironically what I think is that I am the person missing him and wanting to get him back, than probably him sharing the same feeling. But alas what is gone is gone …..and reconciliations are what have to be lived with!!

Well in case if you are wondering who Mr.Royal was …….it was my red coloured , chromed , gleaming Royal Enfield Thunderbird….my bike, my soul ….who is lost in oblivion forever !!!!!

No comments: